|MODEL S-TYPE XJ, XK||DATE|
22 July 2008
Click / Squeak / Squeal Noise During Light Brake Application - Repair Procedure
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
|S-TYPE (X200) Normally Aspirated Only||VIN:|
|N52048 - N91220|
2006 - 2008
|XJ (X350) Normally Aspirated Only||VIN:|
|G49701 - H25553|
2006 - 2008
|XK (X150) Normally Aspirated Only||VIN:|
|B00001 - B25238|
2007 - 2008
Situation: During light brake application, a click / squeak / squeal noise may be heard. Vibrations at the brake pad / disc interface can be amplified through the braking / suspension system, resulting in a 1.6 kHz noise audible to the vehicle occupants.
|C2C39929||Front brake pad kit||Qty: 1|
|C2C39930||Molycote grease||Qty: 1|
Refer to Workshop Manual (GTR) for special tools (if required)
DDW requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part number with a quantity of zero.
|Condition Code||Causal Part|
|Front brake pad modification - S-TYPE||70.40.02||0.70||42||C2C 39929|
|Front brake pad modification - XJ||0.60|
|Front brake pad modification - XK||0.50|
Normal warranty policy and procedures apply.
NOTE: Global Technical Reference (GTR) lookup sequence is as follows:
GTR Home > NAS > Model > Model Year > Service Information > Workshop Manuals >
CAUTION: Avoid contamination of the brake pad material, calipers, and caliper piston dust boots / seals.
- Clean shaded area of brake calipers. (Figure 1)
- Using a small brush, apply an even, liberal coating of Molycote grease (C2C39930) to the shaded area of the brake calipers. (Figure 1)
- Using a small brush, apply an even, liberal coating of Molycote grease (C2C 39930) to the brake pad / caliper piston contact area. (Figure 2)
- Using a small brush, apply an even, liberal coating of Molycote grease (C2C 39930) to the 'hammer head' area of both inner and outer brake pads. (Figure 2)
- Refer to Workshop Manual (GTR) Section 206-03 to install the front brake pads