03 JUL 2013
CD Player Pauses / 'Locks Up'
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
|Range Rover (LM)|
Situation: The CD changer may pause ('locks up') and is unable to continue playback unless a different disc is selected or the CD magazine is ejected and re-inserted.
Cause: This may be caused by loss of CD resume data at shutdown.
Action: Should a customer express this concern, carry out the Service Instruction outlined below.
No Parts Required
NOTE: This document is an 'Active Bulletin' that will display a functional programming shortcut if accessed within a diagnostic session using SDD.
NOTE: DDW requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part number with a quantity of zero.
|DESCRIPTION||SRO||TIME (HOURS)||CONDITION CODE||CAUSAL PART|
|CD player/changer module configuration||86.90.77||0.30||42||LR025950|
NOTE: Normal Warranty policies and procedures apply.
- CAUTION: A Jaguar Land Rover-approved Midtronics battery power supply must be connected to the vehicle battery during IDS / SDD diagnosis / module programming.
NOTE: IDS must be loaded with DVD134.06 v.138 or later.
- Turn ignition 'ON' (engine not running).
- Connect the Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) to the vehicle and begin a new Symptom Driven Diagnostics (SDD) session.
- Follow the on-screen prompts, allowing SDD to read the VIN and identify the vehicle and initiating the data collect sequence.
- Select 'Diagnosis' from the Session Type screen.
- Select the 'Selected Symptoms' tab, and then select one of the following:
- Electrical - Information and entertainment system - Entertainment system - Audio - CD or DVD changer inoperative or
- Electrical - Information and entertainment system - Entertainment system - Audio - CD or DVD player inoperative or
- Electrical - Information and entertainment system - Entertainment system - Audio - CD or DVD intermittent
- Select 'continue'.
- Select the 'Recommendations' tab, and then select 'Run' to perform the 'Configure existing module – CD player/changer module' option.
- Follow all on-screen instructions to complete this task.
- Exit the current session.
- Disconnect the IDS and the battery power supply from the vehicle.
JLR Symptom Driven Diagnostics (SDD) for Independent Repairers: Diagnostic Software / Module programming subscriptions - without security access - can be purchased via TOPIx (From the User ID - Options Menu – Programming subscriptions – click add). Module programming - with security access - is necessary to program the IPC, BCM, ECM (PCM), KVM, as well as keys. Licensed locksmiths and independent repairers must be active members of the National Automotive Service Task Force (NASTF) Vehicle Security Professional (VSP) registry and will need to purchase a subscription to Independent Module Programming with Security Access to program these components. Currently we are only able to support yearly module programming subscriptions with security access. SDD will only support Jaguar vehicles built from 1995 MY onward.