06 MAY 2014
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
Model Year: 2014 Onwards
VIN: K00001 Onwards
|XJ Range (X350)|
Model Year: 2003-2009
|XJ Range (X351)|
Model Year: 2010 Onwards
VIN: V00001 Onwards
|XK Range (X150)|
Model Year: 2006 Onwards
VIN: B00001 Onwards
Situation: An earth stud may be broken or cross threaded.
Cause: This may be caused by damage in production or during a repair.
Action: In the event it is necessary to replace a damaged or cross-threaded earth stud, refer to the Service Instruction outlined below.
|C2D36917||Earth Stud||Quantity: 1|
NOTE: DDW requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part number with a quantity of zero.
|DESCRIPTION||SRO||TIME (HOURS)||CONDITION CODE||CAUSAL PART|
|Broken/cross threaded earth stud - Repair||05.10.30||0.3||01||C2C28388|
NOTE: Normal Warranty procedures apply.
1. NOTE: The plastic earth protection cradle is not compatible with the new stud.
2. Locate broken/cross threaded earth stud.
3. Dress/file the broken stud to a safe and acceptable repair standard.
4. CAUTION: To prevent damage to other components, make sure there are no components in the area that may be damaged by the drilling process.
NOTE: Cleanliness is important to avoid galvanic corrosion.
NOTE: Make sure any swarf is removed/cleaned away.
NOTE: Carry out drilling in close proximity to the broken/cross threaded stud.
NOTE: The stepped cutter should not be used for any other procedure to avoid galvanic corrosion.
5. Load the new earth stud into the stud applicator gun.
6. NOTE: The earth stud bond is totally self-sealing and watertight; there is no need to dress the hole with any primer before fitting.
Install the new earth stud: Apply pressure to the trigger of the applicator gun until the pressure reduces, this will indicate the applicator gun has reached the end of its cycle.
- Place the new stud into the drilled hole.
- Apply pressure to the trigger of the applicator gun until the pressure reduces, indicating the applicator gun has reached the end of its cycle.
7. Repaired earth stud with harness fitted.
- Torque 9Nm