31 OCT 2012
|LTB00497 REPLACES TECHNICAL BULLETIN 57/05/05 (ISSUE 2);|
CHANGES ARE NOT HIGHLIGHTED
AFFECTED VEHICLE RANGE:
|Range Rover (LM)||VIN: 3A101029 - 9A306629|
|Model Year: 2003 - 2009|
Action: In the event of a customer concern of the above, refer to the Repair Procedure outlined below to.
|QME500090||Steering column reach motor kit||Qty: 1|
Refer to Workshop Manual for any required special tools
NOTE: Repair procedures are under constant review, and therefore times are subject to change; those quoted here must be taken as guidance only. Always refer to DDW to obtain the latest repair time.
DDW requires the use of causal part numbers. Labor only claims must show the causal part number with a quantity of zero.
|DESCRIPTION||SRO||TIME (HOURS)||CONDITION CODE||CAUSAL PART|
|Replace steering column reach motor - 2003-006MY||57.41.03||1.60||41||QMB000162|
|Replace steering column reach motor - 2007-2009MY||57.41.03||0.90||41||QMB000162|
Normal Warranty policies and procedures apply
- Assess the noise steering column reach motor noise:
- Refer to Workshop Manual section 57.40.01 / 211-04 and remove the steering column assembly.
- Release and remove the reach motor from the steering column, leaving the plastic clip in place.
- If the plastic motor clip is broken, refer to steps 11 and 12.
- Remove the flexible drive from the steering column.
- NOTE: Up to Week Number 44 Year 03 Column Number <73067, carry on from step 6.
After Week Number 44 Year 03 Column Number <73067, carry on from step 11 (refer to illustration for date code label).
Check steering column number / date code.
- Insert the special tool (QME500100) into the square drive of the spindle.
- While holding the shaft with the tool, release the spindle nut half a turn.
- While holding the shaft with the tool, tighten the spindle nut to 6Nm.
- While holding the shaft with the tool, release the spindle nut one flat.
- Remove the tool.
- If the plastic motor clip is broken or breaks during motor removal, remove the clip by levering it off.
- To install the new plastic motor clip, align the key on plastic clip with machined slot on the aluminum body of the column. There will be a loud snapping noise as the clip engages.
- Check that the key is located in the slot and the clip is securely located.
- Insert the flexible drive into the spindle.
- Slide the motor fully back into the plastic clip, guiding the flexible drive into the gearbox housing of the motor.
- Ensure the peg locates fully into the motor and the motor is correctly located in the clip.
Apply grease (QYL500010) onto the tilt and reach spindles.
- Operate the column adjustment through the full range of travel to evenly distribute grease along the entire spindle length and assess for noise during operation.
- Refer to Workshop Manual section 57.40.01 / 211-04 and install the steering column assembly. .