August 4, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V581000
Missing audio safety features, such as seat belt reminders, turn signal sounds, and Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) warnings, can increase the risk of a crash or injury.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V581
Manufacturer Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 52
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Land Rover) is recalling certain 2022 Land Rover Range Rover Velar vehicles. The vehicles were manufactured without an Audio Amplifier Module (AAM), and therefore will not provide audio safety features, such as seat belt reminders, turn signal sounds, and Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) warnings.
Dealers will install the missing AAM, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed September 30, 2022. Owners may contact Land Rover’s customer service at 1-800-637-6837. Land Rover’s number for this recall is N725.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Check if your Land Rover has a Recall
In mid-June, 2022, as part of a structured response to the worldwide microchip supply issues, a decision was made to ship forward from the Solihull Vehicle Assembly Plant vehicles without the AAM installed. The plan agreed was to control and rework affected vehicles in the US ports of entry. On July 21, 2022, Jaguar Land Rover started to receive reports that some vehicles built at the Solihull vehicle assembly plant had been found to have no audio output when retailer pre-delivery inspections were conducted. Retailer investigations revealed that there was no AAM installed.
Following receipt of these field reports, actions were completed to ensure there was a clear identification of vehicles where the port of entry rework was needed to install the AAM. Updated information was provided to the ports on or around July 22, 2022.
This issue was raised to the Product Safety and Compliance Committee (PSCC) where, at the PSCC meeting of July 27, 2022, the issue was discussed and Customer Service committed to urgently identify vehicles which had been shipped from US ports of entry but not reworked. It was likely that there were a number of vehicles released unreworked, the PSCC progressed the issue to the Recall Determination Committee (RDC) for review.
The RDC reviewed the issue on July 28, 2022, where the scope of the matter was revealed. The RDC concluded that the defect represents an unreasonable risk to safety and that a voluntary safety recall should be conducted to install the AAM on affected vehicles.
Jaguar Land Rover used 17 Field Reports from July 21, 2022, to July 28, 2022, in determining the nature of the issue.
There have been no reported accidents, injuries or fires as a result of this concern.
1 Affected Product
|LAND ROVER||RANGE ROVER VELAR||2022|
3 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Latest Recalls Documents
- Power - 1100 Max x 1 @ 2 Ohms, 550 Max x 1 @ 4 Ohms
- Class A/B Topology - Class ‘A’ amplifiers have enormous amount of current flowing through its output transistors with no audio signal. Class ‘B’ amplifiers have no current flowing through its outputs with no audio signal
- Mosfet Power Supply - A MOSFET is an electrical switch that allows the flow of electrical current. It controls the output voltage & current precisely by removing the output current sensing loss & eliminating all secondary feedback circuitry
- Low & High Level Inputs - A low level (RCA) input is measured in voltages. A high level (+/- wire) input is measured in wattages. Both essentially carry signal from your receiver to your amplifier to your speakers
- Variable Low-Pass Crossover - Subwoofers reproduce sound based on a number of different low-range frequencies. You can set exact sound specifications for the bass frequency reproduction
- Optimized 563-watt RMS and a max output power of 1500 watts, you can give your music a huge boost in power that will have you and your passengers partying
- 750 watt maximum power full-range amplifier Compactly built so this amplifier can fit perfectly into any trunk Blaupunkt 750 Watt Monoblock Amplifier
- Stable at 1 ohm | Remote Subwoofer Level Control Included Highly Efficient Heatsink Design allows for Maximum Reliability & Performance of channel: 2/1 Channel
- Featuring 2-Way Protection Circuitry and 4 Gauge Power & Ground Input Terminals for Maximum Current Flow. Damping Factor - 150. Max. Output Power
- You'll have full reign over your amplifier with the built-in user control panel, featuring a bass EQ, and variable adjustment tunings for gain level,
- 2000 WATT POWER: The Pyle Dual Channel Car Amplifier is perfect for your vehicle's sound system. Gives you up to 2000W bridgeable output. Features switchable bass boost, variable gain control, configurable electronic crossover network
- SILVER-PLATED RCA PORTS: The RCA ports are silver-plated for eliminating signal loss. The subsonic filter allows low-end interference to be cut so your speakers will always deliver the highest quality audio
- MOSFET PULSE: The MOSFET pulse width modulation power supply allows for a clean distortion-free signal to your compact speakers providing you w/ crisp and clear audio for an outstanding music experience. Also features pulse width modulation system
- THERMAL PROTECTION: To keep both your car and the stereo amp safe, this model is equipped w/ thermal, overload and short circuit protection. Has been specially designed from the bottom up to provide safe and high quality sound in a sturdy form factor
- SLIM SIZE DESIGN: This box amp's small size makes installation a breeze, you'll have no trouble finding a spot for this little yet powerful device. Additional features include LED indicators, RCA output, soft turn-on circuit, glass epoxy PCB and more
- 1500W Maximum Power Full-Range Amplifier
- Optimized 150-watt RMS output and a max power output of 1500 watts, you can give your music a huge boost in power that will have you and your passengers partying while on the road
- This slim amplifier fits perfectly into any trunk so you can easily connect it to your stereo system
- 1000 Watts Max Power (240 Watts RMS x 2 @ 2 Ohms)
- Automatic signal sensing and Turn-On
- Adjustable bass boost
- Variable low pass filter
- 1000 watts Max power
- Automatic signal Sensing and turn-on
- Variable high Pass filter adjustable bass Boost
- Class-D amplifier
- 4 channels of 110 watts RMS @ 2 Ohms
- Crossover HPF and LPF
- Variable gain control
- 2 channels x 1,000 watts @ 2 ohms
- 2 channels x 500 watts @ 4 ohms
- 1 channel x 2,000 watts (mono bridged) @ 4 ohms
- Operates in stereo, bridged mono, or stereo/bridged mono simultaneously
- Variable electronic crossover: 12 dB per octave
- Class D MOSFET Monoblock Power Amplifier
- Peak Power at 1 Ohm: 1,600 Watts | RMS Power at 1 Ohm: 1,200 Watts
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 250Hz, On-board Bass EQ Switch with +6 or +12dB boost at 45Hz
- Featuring 4-Way Protection Circuitry and 4 Gauge Power & Ground Input Terminals for Maximum Current Flow. Damping Factor - 150<
- Stable at 1 ohm | Remote Subwoofer Level Control Included
- Power - 550 Max x 4 @2-Ohms, 275 Max x 4 @4-Ohms, 1100 Max x 2 Bridged @4 Ohms
- Full Range - With a Full Range amplifier you not only have the option to run your speakers, but also your subwoofers
- Variable Bass Boost - With Variable Bass Boost you have the control of exactly how much BASS you want to pump out to your subwoofer(s)
- Specs - Dimensions: 17” x 10.31” x 2.25”, Weight: 12.53 lbs., Speaker Impedance: 2 to 8 Ohm, THD @ RMS Output: 0.01%, S/N Ratio: 103 dB, Frequency Response: 9 Hz to 50 kHz, Fuse Quantity: 2 40 Amp ATO Blade
- BOSS Audio Systems provides a powerful 6-year Platinum Online Dealer Warranty so long as the purchase is made through Amazon.com. We strongly encourage professional installation of this product to ensure proper and safe functionality
Last update on 2023-03-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.